Rob Morrison arrested for violating protective order

Former WCBS News anchor Rob Morrison is back in legal trouble after being arrested again Monday by Darien Police for violating a protective order, including calling his wife more than 100 times last month.

Morrison, 46, was charged with criminal violation of a protective order and second-degree harassment after turning himself in on a warrant at about 6 p.m. Monday.

Police said that Morrison violated a protective order issued for his wife, former CBS Money Watch anchor Ashley Morrison, by calling her more than 100 times over several days last month at her residence and on her cell phone.

Morrison declined comment under after he is arraigned. His lawyer, Frank Discala, told the Darien Times charges should not have been filed against his client.

“They had a discussion that didn’t go the way people would like the discussion to go,” Discala said, who added that the couple were arguing over possible relocation, which led to the alleged actions noted in Morrison’s arrest warrant.

The warrant stated that Ashley Morrison went to Darien Police headquarters on May 25 “physically shaking” and appearing in a “very fragile state,” the Connecticut Post reported. She reportedly told police that she feared her husband “could kill her if she got him arrested.”

Discala denied Ashley was concerned for her life.

“Even if that’s what she said — people do get emotional,” he said. “There was absolutely no threat of violence. They’ve been getting along great.”

“This couple needs to be left alone,” he continued. The terms of his protective order allowed Morrison to be with his wife, but required he not engage in harassing activity.

Morrison was originally charged in February 2013 with threatening and choking Ashley Morrison. Those charges were reduced after Morrison completed a family re-entry program offered by the court. Morrison said two months ago that he had reconciled with his wife last summer.

After those charges were dropped in April, a remorseful Morrison discussed his attempts to reconcile with his family.

“It’s something that started off incredibly negative 14 months ago and actually turned into something quite positive,” Morrison told The Darien Times in April. “It was a time for me to kind of reflect and prioritize what’s important and what’s not important.”

“I’m home, my family is intact, things are good,” he continued.

• WCBS News anchor accused of choking wife, later resigns

• Rob Morrison puts past behind him, looks to brighter future

Morrison was released on $50,000 bond and was scheduled to appear Tuesday in Stamford Superior Court.

Originally published in The Darien Times


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s